Here are some of the photos from Freddie and Aileen's wedding! It's beautiful, how the photos turned out. :)
It's amazing how outdoor wedding photographers make their shots look very easy to achieve, when it really isn't, One can never be prepared enough for wedding shoots, especially on a -14c weather.
So how do I prepare for my wedding shoots in general?
1. Camera body and lenses - In every shoot, you need to think ahead which lens that you'll use, appropriate to the situation. Doing this will raise your chances of achieving THAT shot. Say for instance, I'm not going to bring a wide angled lens for a macro shoot. Gets? For weddings, I usually bring two lenses, the sturdy Sigma 35mm f/1.4 for wide angle and group shots, and the handy Canon 85mm f/1.8 for portraits with bokeh galore.
2. Batteries - There are two kinds batteries I've to take care of. One is of the camera, the other, for the flash. I see to it that my camera batteries are fully charged. I sometimes bring my battery charger if I know ahead of time that the shooting hours will be long. For my flash batteries, well I used to have those disposable Energizer batteries, but they run out of power very quickly! Drains my wallet well! So I decided to switch to rechargeable ones. I also bring my battery charger which helps a lot since it's a fast charger --- 15 minutes of charging for 4 AA batteries and they're all fully charged. Yessss!
3. Memory Cards - I've at least 2 SD cards inside my bag when I shoot. One goes inside the camera slot and the other waits in my bag until it can be used while I transfer files to my laptop in between shoots. Saves me time and precious moments. Very handy.
4. Visualize - I visualize the end of each photograph, the execution, the mood. What's the weather going to be? How am I going to use it to my own advantage? What are the angles I'd like to take? High? Low? This helps me stay focused on my vision, I may veer away sometimes, but I always snap back to what I have originally planned.
5. Listen to music - On my way to every shoot I cover, I listen to music that I love. It inspires me and it fuels my imagination. I listen to Bond, Vienna Teng, Black Lab, Ellie Goulding, etc. Whichever music works for me!